November 17, 2012

Making Friends!

Hello Dear Readers,
It's a rainy Saturday in my neck of the woods, and I am working on a compilation of my own favorite reading to share. If you are reading this, then surely you have other magazines and blogs that you could share with me? I'd love to hear from you. Either leave a comment, or send a link to me at victoria(at)milkfedpress(dot)com. It doesn't need to be design- or print-specific. Eclectic tastes reign supreme! Many thanks.

For now, I want to share with you a magazine from Canada that I have come to adore. It's called UPPERCASE, and they are top-notch! I mentioned them a few weeks back in my post about their upcoming book, The Typewriter: A Graphic History of the Beloved Machine. Here is a link (click) to it, in case you missed it. 



About them: 

UPPERCASE publishes books and magazines for the creative and curious: products that spark the imagination and inspire creativity. Our eponymous magazine, now in its fourth year, is loved by readers around the world and has been recognized for its design excellence. Our books profile up-and-coming artists or explore emerging trends in design and creativity.

Looking at their website (click), I have to agree. Here is a picture of one of the books offered in their shop: A Collection a Day. Thoughtfully bound and accompanied with a tin box for your own collecting, it is a compilation of photographs by artist and curator, Lisa Congdon. I love her attention to detail, presentation, and love of everyday items. More pictures can be seen on the Collection a Day website, right here (click). 



The very best part of all of this, is that you can benefit from my new friendship! They are offering a discount to Milkfed Press readers. Can you stand it? From now until November 30th, simply enter the code, milkfedpress for a 10% discount in their store (click). Thank you, UPPERCASE! xo Victoria

No comments: