January 12, 2011

Milkfed + Wells Sittin' in a Tree















M-a-k-i-n-g. Or something like that.
Hello, Hello! I am happy to share some quick snaps from a new project that I created with the Fabulous Leigh Wells. I have been a longtime fan of Leigh's work and finally one day when the market collapsed (remember that day?), I decided to reach out to her and try and be friends. I mean, if we're all going to go down, we may as well go down making cool work, right? That's sort of been my motto and thankfully, I'm still standing. Leigh has been working as a successful illustrator and fine artist for years. Her lettering skills are an integral part of her illustration work and naturally, I was really attracted to her distinct style of typography. I found myself wondering what her work would look like pressed on to the page.
We talked and found a lot of common ground in working as a (solo) self-employed artist and craftsperson/people. Plus she's super clever. In the past few years, we've seen our businesses grow and evolve but I'm always happy to find an excuse to print her gorgeous work. So, without further ado, I bring you our new collection of note cards. For those intrepid connoisseurs who know they just have to have a package of these (six cards in all, with phrases like Wow!, Love you! and my very favorite—Oops!), please have a look here (click).

If anyone is interested working with Leigh for your own special occasion, she is now offering her lettering services on her InkWells site. Please go and hire her now. Happy note-sending. xo Victoria

No comments: